I recently read in a fashion magazine that petite girls should avoid wide legged pants because they tend to "swallow us up" & make us look larger than we really are. I personally don't think people should avoid a trend just because it may look "more appealing" on a different body type than their own. Style is completely subjective anyway, so what one person may think looks awful could be completely stunning to someone else. I have always wanted to try this trend (especially when culottes became super popular last year), but was waiting for something a little extra; cue this number with its off-the-shoulder detail (my favorite trend ever), and I was sold.
The only opinion you should really care about when getting dressed is yours, and for this reason I think we should all just wear whatever the hell we want, so I'm gonna continue to wear wide legged bottoms because--guess what--they are COMFY as hell. Even more comfy than the only other jumpsuit I own. Yes, that's right; I only own 2 jumpsuits, and I am acutely aware that I need to correct this travesty. This one is next on my list...
So, wide legged jumpsuits--yay or nay?
The only opinion you should really care about when getting dressed is yours, and for this reason I think we should all just wear whatever the hell we want, so I'm gonna continue to wear wide legged bottoms because--guess what--they are COMFY as hell. Even more comfy than the only other jumpsuit I own. Yes, that's right; I only own 2 jumpsuits, and I am acutely aware that I need to correct this travesty. This one is next on my list...
So, wide legged jumpsuits--yay or nay?
Outfit details:
Old Navy black off-the-shoulder jumpsuit (exact or similar, love this one too)
Steve Madden lace up heels
Ray Ban sunglasses
Urban Outfitters fringe bag (c/o, similar here & here)
borrowed earrings
Photos by Becca Gamache Photography
Social Icons